Sunday 22 January 2012

Preliminary Task

In my Preliminary Task, I worked with 2 other people in my class. The aim of the task was to produce a simple edited sequence that didn't break any of the rules of filming, for example, the 180 degree rule, match on action and shot-reverse-shot.
         In my preliminary task, I did the filming of the sequence and helped decide on the plot of the short clip. The things we did well in the task were the variety of different camera shots and angles and made the camera steady by using a tripod. We stuck to the rules of filming and kept it simple like our teacher said to do. The setting we chose worked well with the plot we used.
          In doing the preliminary task I have learnt how to film effectively, using a tripod and a variety of different shots that are approapriate to what is happening in the scene. I have learnt how to use the editing software to produce a good quality edit. I have also learnt the rules of filming and why they are important.
          If I were to do this task again I would shoot more footage from a lot more different angles.

No comments:

Post a Comment