Thursday 26 April 2012

How does my media product represent particular social groups?

My chosen social group to represent in my film was teenage girls that go to college. In this shot they are represented in quite a negaative way because she is walking like she's drunk and she has an alcohol bottle in her right hand. The other teenage girl characters in my title sequence are represented in a positive way because they look intelligent and well presented.
In the shot, I have created a scary mise-en-scene by making the lighting dark and using a typical setting for a kidnapping to take place (an alleyway). This makes the character look vunerable and weak which allows the kidnapper to look like he could kidnap her in a realistic way.
The representation of a teenage girl that is in college is similar in my film to other media forms. For example, the school girls in BBC1's 'Waterloo Road' have a similar look and they all tend to follow the same fashions.

No comments:

Post a Comment